Monday, June 02, 2014

No Questions Asked? Not Really.

I usually ask a lot of questions. Mostly, out of genuine curiosity. Sometimes, to test the patience of the listener.
In school, they called me 'Question Bank'. Once in tuition, my Math tutor said exasperated, 'You ask too many questions.Just learn the theorem, you don't have to know how'. I stared down at him, as if I had seen a chimpanzee in suit.
As a kid, I'd take things apart, just to see what was inside them. My sister's mobile, for instance. Or the radio. Whether or not they could be put back together was left to the capable hands of the lesser mortals. I was busy pursuing a higher goal, one that could potentially save the future of mankind. At least, that's how it seemed then. Luckily, that's how it seems even now.

No comments: