Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Revelations

As I near the end of 2009, I seem to have quite a few revelations. My last post was about Pyaar Impossible, remember? Well it does not seem quite so impossible now. Beauty, beauty everywhere, Nor any one with brains. Had a decent chat with a friend today. And yes I am once again reveling in my singledom. I guess physical appeal attracts all of us but if it is for momentary pleasure, is it worth hankering after? Nah..my friend made me realize this. So ladies and gentlemen, what I am saying is I guess if a guy or girl is coveted just for the fact of being good looking, then so much the better for them. But does this mean that if some of us are running behind looks, all of us should join the run? Hmmm.......I know it might appear that since I have no better option so I spend my time writing about pointless crushes and then discarding them.

But what I realized today was the value of good company. There are two kinds of people- people who make you happy and people who make you sad. In 2009, I have had the good opportunity to meet both kinds. Then there have also been people who sometimes make you happy and sometimes..sad. But did you find anyone who always makes you happy? Or if not always, most of the time happy with intelligent thoughts, awesome humor and intellectual conversations? Well, I met such a friend today. Honestly I don't know whether I should write about this friend or follow up from my last topic. But to a great extent this follow up was possible because of him. I did intend to write one article against some dude who "thinks" he is cool but is not but that would have been mostly an outburst of rage. My friend did help me to cool down, to calm down, to relax.

And I guess what I realized once again was since I have no control over other people's actions, is it worth my while to shout and react at the top of my lungs when they are doing the same? Why should it matter when someone calls you names? Why should it matter that your partner has to be the handsomest of all- just for the sake of other's compliments? Aah...effects of hanging out with the popular kids...their temperaments never suited me....But I won't blame them all- I have a perceptive nature and absorb a lot of things I see- some good, some bad- for me. But time does tell me what things really "suit" me and what not. Would I trade humility for good looks? Nah...Realized it today..I won't. Kind of person that I am , I would have worried about what I was not getting instead of what I am getting. My friend convinced me to look towards the positive.

So ladies and gentlemen, I will look towards the positive, at least try to, try to live a fulfilled and motivated life. Nothing is impossible as long as you have people who care for you....

Here's to 2010 and many more such years to come!

2 comments:

RAY7 said...

Uh...the life changing moments that we experience while bantering along casually with a friend. Everyone who has such a friend in their life must be truly blessed. I am glad you're looking towards the positive aspects for a change.

Well definitely I would be one of those who would "dhak pitao" about it if my boyfriend was the handsomest of all. I guess to every one their own.

Nice little post you have got here Dipz. Cheers!

Trisha said...

thanks. :)