Sunday, January 24, 2010

Memories

A long time has passed since my last post. Well not quite. I have been known to update my blog once every two years. But stray thoughts seem to crowd my mind and sooner or later I realize I have to take up the pen. Damn computer has made me so lazy I find it difficult to write with a pen except during exams. :( But we will save that for later.

By far the worst disadvantage of having a net is that people buzz you at all the unwanted times and you can't help but be polite to them. You might want to concentrate on your work, you might want to concentrate on your writing, but you can't. You might well ask me to shut off the net while doing some other work. Problem is that the net has got the better of me- they say it's Internet Addiction. But like most addictions, I am sure I will get rid of this one too. All in good time, mate. ;)

Between this time, I have passed through a plethora of moods- ranging from sadness, depression to euphoric laughter (the last one signifying my absolute loss of calm and peace). But I guess being my reader, you are quite well aware of my morbid phases. This phase however was a bit more morbid than all of the phases I have underwent so far. When I am depressed I usually listen to angry rock songs. LP, David Guetta's "Love is Gone" are some of my particular favs.

But then Taylor Swift has a capacity of bringing your sadness to the forefront, something I did not want to happen. So I stopped listening to her completely. I wanted my anger to stay. Why cry like a sissy when you can be a werewolf? Lols. My apologies to Twilight fans. So anyways, things were somewhere around this when I listened to a new song by Swift, "Hey Stephen".

The playful nature of the song interested me. The lines go somewhat like this:

I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself

So for all those of you who are Taylor Swift fans, I suggest you listen to this song. Right now I am humming this tune. A lot of good things are happening in life. My children got a lot of medals and that makes me very proud as a teacher. I got a lovely red bag as a gift. I became second in class once again(ah crap, 2nd, but I guess that is better than failing) and yes I scored the highest in the paper I wanted to. I guess that is how life goes. Time and tide wait for none. In the midst of all these achievements however, our heart does not forget to spare a thought for those who meant a lot to us and now are gone.

I am currently reading The Good Guy by Dean R. Koontz. I love this author. Have been reading him since school days. His current story has some instances of pet dogs. I was reminded of my Teddy. His innocent brown eyes that gave away everything that he had in his mind, his pink tongue and black lips. Yes he was the most handsome of all the puppies in the neighborhood. He was my friend, my brother. And need I say it, he was as intolerable as I am! He had a short temper (like me) which used to flare up even when the fault was his (again like me). Sometimes I really wished he was not so much like me. I don't cry for him, not any more. I do remember him, still. And I wish he was with me ..still.

No comments: