Sunday, January 15, 2012

Like a Dog

Like a dog
In search of affection
In search of love
I roam the streets


Like a dog
They kick, throw stones
Humiliate me.
Like a dog
I beg for their love
Wag my tail
Prestige eludes me.


Why? Why? Why?


A little smile
A little pat
A little affection
I'm hungry for love.


I am a dog
And they are humans
Dog is a man's best friend
But can a man be a dog's best friend?


They look at me affectionately
Throw biscuits, smile
I go up to them
Looking for love.


And then they kick me
Kick me so hard
My body aches
I squeal in pain.


A proud dog would bark
A proud dog would growl
A human would hurt back
But alas, I,
A useless ego-less dog
Go again and again
In hopes of finding love.


Bit by bit, drop by drop
My life force is sucked out of me
But I don't give up.
I get kicked and beaten
In hopes of finding love.


But when the days are hot
And the nights icy
I lie on dirt-filled streets
And dream of Hope.
A world of love and affection
A world of sweet bliss.
And I feel
Happy.

No comments: